Sunday, December 27, 2009

Passing the Ping Pong Torch... not just yet.

Over the years, I have handed many torches to Adam. In 2008 is was the 40 yard dash. In 2009 it was Ultimate Frisbee. With Cousin Ben's assistance, I have nearly relinquished the Ping Pong torch over the Christmas holiday.

At Thanksgiving, I played over 100 games as Adam and Becca both challenged their father. Of all the matches, I only lost one to Adam. Until Thanksgiving, he pull off a game here and there, but never won a match.

Ben and Adam spent time together over Christmas working on spins and change-ups. By the end of Christmas, Adam was able to beat Ben in a game and beat me in more than one match. I won more matches against Adam than he did against me, but the writing is on the wall.

So Ping Pong and Pool are now in transition.

We challenge each other in chess, but that is one that I am hoping to hang on to for a while.

No comments: