Thursday, April 02, 2009

Flamingos, Fish and Fruit bats

Becca and I spent the morning at Tampa Lowry Park Zoo taking pictures and eating ice cream.

Most of the pictures taken did not include Becca, but it just so happens that these do.

The zoo has been called the best children's zoo in the nation and it definitely had a lot of children. The groups of kids and teachers tended to hang out in the covered areas and the petting zoos so we didn't run into too many crowds until we went to get some ice cream at noon.

I got my ice cream in a cone because I am very environmentally conscious about the decisions that I make while I am reading Hot, Flat, and Crowded all week.

Becca may love animals, but she ate her ice cream from a Styrofoam cup with a plastic spoon so she may as well have been killing endangered species with her bare hands instead of warming them to a slow death one plastic spoon at a time.

Angered by her choices to destroy the earth, a giant fruit bat swept her away and hung her upside down in his exhibit.

Becca promised to eat her ice cream from a cone from now on, so the fruit bat let her go.

No comments: