Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lacrosse Scrimmage in Knoxville, TN

We traveled to Knoxville this weekend for Adam's Lacrosse team to get three scrimmages on Saturday.

The picture to the left shows Coach Andy Tarter giving Adam (#6 Black) some tips before play was ready to start against CHS. Adam looked more comfortable today than he did last fall, but as a freshman, he still has a lot to learn about the game.

They were supposed to have a fourth scrimmage and a full game on Sunday, but the weather did not cooperate.

Adam stayed with friends at a teammate's vacation house, so Jackie and I enjoyed the weekend hanging out with some of the Lacrosse parents.

This picture was taken while Adam (#6 White) had the ball or shortly after losing it. He avoided a body check by getting a little lower than the opponent. Throughout the day, Adam consistantly was able to stay low, but needs to work on keeping his feet underneath him while attacking.

My basketball coaches always told me I was out of control, I suspect that I looked a little like Adam "falling forward" with the ball.

Tates Creek finished the day with a respectable 1-2 record considering the age of the players.

No comments: