Monday, October 01, 2007

Becca's first year of LTMS Volleyball

It is hard to remember the level of play that Carmen's team had in the sixth grade four years ago. I think Becca got more touches than Carmen because Becca's diminutive stature relegated her to the setter position.

One clear difference is that the officials have to stop the game to remind Becca that line judges can not cheer for their team and to stop using the line judge flag as a pom pom.

As seen in other posts, Carmen shows absolutely no excitement or motion when line judging. Drawing the attention of an official probably would have crushed Carmen.

Becca enjoyed playing with a few neighborhood girls that attended Veteran's Park elementary school with her. Volleyball seemed to help the transition from elementary to middle school.

One thing about the kids going to LTMS is that is so close to where I work that I can make more of the 5:30 games. I'm not sure if I ever made it to any of Carmen's sixth grade B Team home games at Southern. By the time I fought through traffic, it always seemed to be time for the A team to start playing.

No comments: