Sunday, November 25, 2007

The World is Flat ( Missionary 3.0 )

The World is Flat.

I've been reading this book that compares Columbus' discovery of the world being round to the fact that today's world is flat.

Columbus was looking for a short path to India for trade back in 1492, but today, smart people from India, China, Russia and all over the world are learning and working effectively from wherever they are with businesses that were founded in the country that Columbus mistook for India.

Last night, I received an email from Michael Harrington who is serving as a missionary in Africa about how he taught an African family to use a yo-yo. That same night, I received an email from a friend with photos from a zoo that she had visited in Singapore.

Certainly, because of the factors that are discussed in this book and the experiences that I have had in the last 15 years and the last 15 days, I can truly say that the world is flat.

No comments: