Sunday, November 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Dad!

My dad turned 82 today. When I called to tell him Happy Birthday, he told me that the lady from Human Resources at Lycro Products asked him if he was really going to be 82 this weekend.

He responded with a short and affirmative, "Yep!"

She told him that he was a pretty incredible person to be working at his age.

As Dad was telling me the very short story, I was imagining what was going through the mind of the lady from HR and how different that a small company can be.

I do agree with her. My dad is an incredible person. He worked 37 years for the first company that employed him while he was working and living on Grandpa's farm and establishing his own home later.

He has now worked nearly 25 years at the second company.... that is loyalty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he seems to be a wonderful person.