Friday, July 14, 2006

The Lord is my shepherd

I shall not want.

Mike Brady called a few minutes ago while I was in the room with Ruby to tell me that he had left “B.A.S.I.C. Training” camp with Carmen and Adam. My cell phone always breaks up in the room so I went outside to the covered porch near the entrance. When I got there, someone was moving a large rock with a fork truck, so I moved to the parking lot where it was sprinkling.

It was still loud so I moved to the sidewalk near the semi that brought the fork truck, still too loud, so I walked down the road. Next, it began to thunder and lightning, so I headed for my Jeep in the parking lot to finish the conversation with Mike and here I sit.

I’m listening to God play percussion on the rooftop.

Sometimes, if God wants you to listen, he’ll herd you like sheep. If you have ever heard Ken Davis talk about sheep, you know that loud noises scare sheep. Sheep can be herded by loud noises like a sheep dog barking or a wolf howling, but they can also know the sound of the Shepherd’s voice.

After reaching a resting place for the night, a shepherd may play a song for his sheep to calm them before he sleeps himself.

No comments: