Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Coming Back Stronger


My youngest daughter gave this to me for my birthday and I am thoroughly enjoying this book. Injuries, defects, mental breakdowns and mistakes are some of the best ways to learn how to keep pressing on toward a goal.

A pure heart, talent, support and blessing are rare in professional athletes because of the way we Americans worship them. It takes great love and discipline for God to develop character in a super bowl quarterback from Texas.

Reading about athletics and humanity has its limitations, but this is inspiring.  I recommend this book and have given it to a few friends to read when it seems like everything is going bad and the potential is there for it to get worse.

Favorite Quotes from Drew in the book:

  • The road to success is usually a pretty bumpy one. And there are no shortcuts. 
  • The painful things we go through have a way of teaching us things we can't learn any other way.
  • It's not always the first-round picks who rise to the top. It's often the journeyman, the ones who persevere through trials. 
  • I believe that when you fear God, you don't need to fear anything else---no man, no task, no obstacle or challenge.
  • My goal for each year is simple: to be better than I was the year before.... by digging deep and evaluating yourself. 

No comments: