Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Three month sprint

For the last three months, I have been completely consumed by multiple projects at work, watching the kids play volleyball and football and working to support their teams. During that span of time, Jackie and I have had to put several relationships on hold.

One of the most difficult for me was the Monday night prayer group. We have also missed out on adjustments to the small group that we attended last summer.

After our nephew gets married this weekend in West Lafayette, we should be back to some of the "normal" levels of participation in the church.

One of the lessons I learned during this unhealthy sacrifice is that neglecting a home is an expensive downward spiral. I have about four weeks of vacation that I will be applying to home repair at the end of the year.

2 comments:

Michael & Joe Joe said...

Welcome back Dr. Eby!! By "home" we hope that you mean more than just the four walls and the 'stuff' within...

Kevin Eby said...

Yes... You are very astute! Home may be "where your stuff is" but the most important stuff is the people you love. I haven't been home to spend time with them.