Thursday, July 12, 2007

21st Wedding Anniversary

Twenty one years ago, Jackie and I were married. We celebrated this anniversary at Jonathan's at Gratz Park.

My brother, Keith, (upper right in this picture) selected the restaurant remotely from Washington, DC and paid for it as a Christmas present.

( Thank you, Keith, you really went beyond your responsibilities as the best man in our wedding )

While we were dining there in a quiet room over the best food in Lexington, I asked Jackie which of the 21 years was her favorite. Before I asked the question, I had already anticipated her answer and knew what my response was going to be.

Her answer, "My least favorite year was last year (2006)". ( and we both knew why )
I responded, "My favorite year is next year". ( because neither of us know why )

Everyone under the age of 25 in this wedding picture will have graduated from a university in the state of Indiana by this time next year when the little boy looking at his mother graduates from Purdue University.

Dustin, lower left, is about to become a father. It is only by the grace of God that his mother is able to participate in this joyous event of becoming a grandmother. Cheryl's health roller coaster and Heidi's marriage framed 2004 as the most difficult year that our family has faced.

No comments: