Thursday, April 12, 2007

Life groups at Tatesbrook

We started Life Groups at Tatesbrook this week. Our group met at Josh and Kresta's home. We had Root Beer Floats and shared stories with each other and prayed for the other groups. God led Jackie and I to minister to the ungrouped and the unchurched and the overchurched for several years, so it was really good to get back into a small group that had a common purpose of being the church.

I'm looking forward to several things about this group. One thing is the generational diversity. It is much broader than any group I have been in before.

The second thing is my coach's fixation on symbols. He has chosen our symbol to represent our group's general proximity of South Lexington. I can't wait to answer questions about why I wear this symbol on a T shirt. I figure that it will be a great conversation starter. ( One Way or No Way, which way is it? )

No comments: