Sunday, May 07, 2006

Sunday afternoon by the fire

It is very rare for us to have a day off, but it happened today. Adam and I got to church around 8:15 to set up sound just like normal but things were different today. Worship practice went smoothly and children's church was a light hearted group discussion instead of a teaching. Instead of rushing to a meeting or a ball game, we just headed home after church.

After grilling burgers in the chilly spring air, we decided to start a fire in the fireplace in order to burn up the wood that we had moved to the deck last fall. The rest of the afternoon was naps and reading until 5:30 youth group.

Jackie took a nap and I got started on the book that I have been wanting to read for a long time. I bought two books last year at the same time and forced myself to read the lessor of the two so that I would read them both. The first one was "360 Degree Leader" by John Maxell which discusses the challenges of leading from the middle of an organization, the second one is Lead Like Jesus which is self explanatory.

Both books will be very useful to me, they both have lists of things I need to improve. Engineers love to know what they need to fix, and we love lists.

No comments: