Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

The kids got up early this morning to fix Jackie breakfast. One of the girls had the idea to do this, and Adam is our cook.

Adam had to pack up his drum set late last night after a grocery store run for bacon, flowers, grapefruit, grapes, bananas and those last minute cards. Immediately after serving the breakfast to his mother, he jumped in the shower to get ready for worship practice.

Becca pressed us to keep at the task on Saturday night since we were all considering just going to bed after a long day of volleyball and tearing down forts
Carmen probably made the biggest sacrifice. She got up early to pour the coffee. She also honored her mother by adjusting some of her Sunday morning rituals that are dependent on her mother, by moving the location to our bedroom instead of the Carmen's bedroom. She patiently waited until her Mother was half through her breakfast before she asked for help.

Me, well, I just watched it all happen and helped where I could. I am thankful for such wonderful kids. My wife truly is a great mother judging from the results.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Wow...that is totally cool. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to cook for me. but, the real question here is, how does she get her cherry cabinets to shine like that? Not happening here.

Anonymous said...

I am jealous....